18 > Some of the fun and some of the more serious 🔻
- You can vote in local and general elections.
- Own land, buy a house or flat & apply for a mortgage
- Donate blood
- You can stand for election as a Member of Parliament, local councillor or Mayor.
- Join the military
- You can make a will.
- You can get married without parental permission.
- Go clubbing
- You can serve on a jury.
- You can buy an alcoholic drink in a pub or a bar.
- Carry an organ donor card
- Open a brokerage account and buy stock
Back up! Turning 16 comes with lots of changes too…
- Drive a moped
- Give consent
- Chose your own doctor
- Invest in a cash ISA
- Earn the national minimum wage £4.35/ hour